DIY Thursday – Fairies in a Jar
May 13, 2020 By Southpoint Tuggeranong
Did someone say fairies? WE DID! This week’s DIY is a super-fun (and pretty) activity that will get the kids crafting on a whole new level.
And the best part? Everything you need is conveniently available at Kmart.
Image: One Little Project at a Time
What you will need:
- Bend the glow stick and give it a good shake to fully activate it and make it glow. You should only need one glowstick per jar.
- Lay down some paper towel, and then carefully cut one end of the glow stick over it. Don’t cut the end off completely or you may lose the tip and spill the contents.
- Using scissors, bend back the partially cut end of the glow stick and pour the contents out into the jar.
- Pour a generous amount of your chosen glitter colour into the Mason jar. You will need enough to coat the inside of the jar. Put the lid on and shake the jar vigorously until the inside of the jar is covered with glitter.
- Take the jar to a dark space and watch it glow!