Priority Assistance home deliveries
March 25, 2020 By Southpoint Tuggeranong
Woolworths has introduced Priority Assistance home deliveries to help the elderly, people with disability and those in mandatory isolation.
To apply for Priority Assistance delivery, customers just need to complete the form at www.woolworths.com.au/priorityassistance or call 1800 000 610 to find out more.
In addition to the ‘Priority Delivery Hubs’ Woolworths is supporting those vulnerable in the community by:
- Operating dedicated early shopping hours during the week for the elderly and those with a disability.
- Committing additional support to leading Australian hunger relief charities OzHarvest, Foodbank and Fareshare to help close the gap on any food supply, employment, logistics or financial aid challenges they are facing in supporting those in need in the community in the current climate.
- The delivery of more than 75,000 packs of toilet rolls to date to Meals on Wheels for distribution to elderly in the community via their network of volunteers.
Social distancing in stores
- Store greeter to wipe down baskets, trolleys and direct customers to the notice board for key social distancing, trading hours and product limit information.
- Closing some registers in the self serve and express check outs to provide additional space between customers in those areas.
These are in addition to social distancing measures that were implemented by Woolworths earlier this week, including beginning to install plexiglass screens at registers, informative signage to support social distancing in stores and additional cleaning and hygiene processes.