We are open, with a few changes
March 24, 2020 By Southpoint Tuggeranong
Further eased COVID-19 restrictions commenced at 11.59pm Friday 29th May, under Step 2.1 of the ACT's COVID recovery plan roadmap. This includes;
We’re just as excited as you are, but it’s important to understand what we all need to do to keep each other safe.
- Up to 20 patrons will be allowed in cafés, bars, restaurants and clubs (1 person per 4sqm).
- Galleries, museums, tourist attractions, beauty therapy businesses and smaller fitness/wellness businesses will be allowed to reopen.
- The food court remains open for takeaway only.
Step 2.2, intended to take effect from 19 June, will allow further easing of restrictions, including opening of venues and auditoriums and “consideration for certain business types to increase up to a maximum 50 patrons within the 1 per 4sqm rule, dependent on venue size"
Here's a great explanation from the ACT government which answers many questions
How to shop safely at South.Point
When you’re in the Centre, here’s some guidelines to keep in mind:
Social distancing requirements are still in place
- Please keep 1.5m metres away from others
- There are lots of signs around the Centre to remind you, including at all entrances and on information directories. Plus you’ll hear reminders every hour through the PA system.
Each store has a limit as to how many people can be inside at one time.
- All stores will display their maximum number of customers
- Please follow the direction of the staff if the store is full, and pop back later
- If you find yourself in a queue, please ensure you follow social distancing guidelines while queuing
It's important for us all to practice good hygiene.
- Keep your hands clean and use the hand sanitiser located around the centre
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshaking, hugs and kisses
- Use tap-and-go instead of cash
Thank you for your continued support of our retailers and please be assured the health, safety and well-being of our community is our priority.
Take care, stay safe & we’ll see you soon.
The South.Point Team