Pet Hacks for Winter
May 29, 2018 By Southpoint Tuggeranong
As the weather drops into the single digits in Canberra, it's time to start looking towards ways in which you can ensure that your fury friend is kept warm, safe and healthy this winter. Does your pet love cuddles on the couch during winter, or prefer to be running around outside in the cold? Either way, you should be prepared this season for when they do head outside! If you're looking for ways to ensure that your pet stays healthy and warm this winter, then Best Friends Pet Care Centre (which is located in the Lifestyle Centre of South Point) should be your one stop shop for products, information and advice on what to know about looking after your pet this winter. Keeping Pets Warm For pets that are outside a lot during the cooler months, a cosy, outdoor coat is an absolute must have. Best Friends has a HUGE range of jackets, coats and jumpers for every occasion including fashion, active and outerwear. Other ways to ensure that they stay warm include:
- Making sure that your pets coat is clean and brushed. This will ensure that their coat will function when it's cold.
- Ensuring that they have a suitable bed. You can also buy things like Self Heating Pet Beds, that work by radiating the pets own heat back at them to keep them warm.
- A coat or jacket for your dog to wear outside, particularly for short haired dogs. For an outside dog something practical like the PetLife jackets which are wind and rain resistant would work best. Huskimo also have an amazing range of Functional and Fashion outdoor wear (see image below).
- Ensure outside dogs have protection from the wind and rain. If you are unsure of what size coat to buy for your fury friend, you can always bring them into the Best Friends store and they will fit them for a coat, or measure from their shoulder
- A Jacket
- Self-Heating Bed
- Socks or Boots
- New indoor toys
- A huge range of pet supplies with best prices guaranteed;
- Expert advice on responsible pet ownership;
- A state-of-the-art professional dog grooming Salon;
- Our Vet Pet Clinic, open 7 days; and
- Puppy Pre-School where puppies and their owners learn the basics from accredited trainers.